Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day is a day honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. It is celebrated on the third Sunday of June in 55 countries and on other days elsewhere. It complements Mother's Day, the celebration honoring mothers. It is a widely known celebration.

Today also is happened to be my father's day i would i like to tell him Happy Birthday Dad! and i would like to dedicate this lovely poem to him for this special occasion.



I find myself wondering...
Did I give you your due..

For all that you've done for me

Did I ever thank you?


For all of my childhood memories

For helping me deal with life's stresses

For helping me accept my defeats

And celebrate my successes?


Or for teaching me the value of hard work,

Good judgement, courage,

and being true The laughter,

smiles, and quiet times we've shared

Did I ever thank you?
If I have forgotten, I'm thanking you now

You taught me right from wrong....

I hope you know how much you're loved and appreciated

I hope you, instinctively, knew it all along.
Happy Birthday Dad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...